Combine your punt tour with a punting lesson for some adventure and enjoy mastering a new skill!
Afternoon Tea Punt Tour
Punt and Afternoon Tea
Time for you and time for me,
And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
And for a hundred visions and revisions,
Before the taking of toast and tea
From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock (T.S. Eliot)
There is little more traditionally English than punting followed by an exclusive afternoon tea. With this in mind, we have developed a perfect package with the Cambridge Hotel. Cambridge to allow you to enjoy both of these 'must do' English activities.
After your inspiring private punt tour of the beautiful College Backs, you will retire to the comfort of the Cambridge Hotel's luxurious Twist Bar and Riverside Terrace. Here you will be treated to a mouth-watering selection of sandwiches, scones and sweet treats overlooking the River Cam.
Afternoon Tea Menu
The perfect post-punting afternoon tea from the Cambridge Hotel. Our menu offers the opportunity to partake in classic English sandwiches, fruit scones and sweet treats accompanied by tea or coffee.View Menu
The package is available for bookings taking place after 1st June 2021.
The Cambridge Hotel - where the afternoon tea takes place - is under a grand refurbishment and it's expected to welcome back guests and lovers of this English tradition starting June 2021.
In the meantime, you're welcome to reserve our private tours and we'll gladly suggest the best place for your afternoon tea.
Teatime and punt from £250
Book over the phone
Guaranteed entry time
Afternoon Tea and Punting Experience
45 minute private chauffeured punt tour of Cambridge and an Afternoon Tea held at the Cambridge Hotel.
- See the Mathematical Bridge
- Pass by the world famous King's College Chapel
- Marvel at Clare College Gardens
- Admire the Wren Library
- Punt under the Bridge of Sighs
Afternoon Tea Highlights:
- Take part in a classic English tradition
- Taste a scrumptious afternoon tea
- Enjoy Cambridge Hotel's riverside views
Know before you buy ▾
COVID-19 Safety ▾
Getting here ▾
- Afternoon tea and punt tours can be booked 48 hours in advance from our Mill Lane Punting Station. For any special requests or last-minute bookings, please call our Bookings Team directly on 01223 359750.
- The Cambridge Hotel afternoon tea can be booked between 15:00 and 17:30 - other times available by request and subject to venue availability.
- The afternoon tea and punting elements can be taken in any order or even split over consecutive days.
- Walking time between the activities is approximately 1 minute from our Mill Lane Punting Station and 15 minutes from our Quayside Punting Station; to be on the safe side we recommend leaving a buffer of 30 minutes between activities.
- Any changes to a booking can be made up to 48 hours in advance. Paid bookings, cancelled up to 48 hours in advance are eligible for a refund minus £50 administration fee or credit note for the full amount of the booking. We are unable to offer refunds less than 48 hours in advance except in cases of dangerous conditions.
- Bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions.
Please call us on 01223 359750 if you have any questions about your purchase.
What we’re doing differently
- Requiring visitors to book in advance to avoid crowding and limiting numbers on each punt.
- Thoroughly sanitising all equipment (boat, cushions, pole and paddle) before and after each use.
- Implementing designated pedestrian route layouts and signage on site, along with dedicated members of staff to monitor the flow of people.
- Conducting briefings and hire handover procedures from 2 metres away.
What we ask of you
- Only punt with members of your own household or one additional household - including each household's support bubble.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser (and other PPE if you want to of course).
- Be confidently mobile as we have had to adapt how we hold the boat to get you on and off and are unable to offer you a supporting hand or arm.
- NOT to participate if you / anyone in your household have been infected or displayed any coronavirus symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone that has the virus, within the last 14 days.
During your visit
- In order to maintain social distancing, please arrive on time. Sadly, if you're more than 15 minutes late, we won’t be able to guarantee you entry. Your entry will be at the discretion of the Duty Manager, who will base their decision on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing.
- Have your booking confirmation ready to show the Scudamore’s staff member at the front entrance, preferably on your mobile device, to minimise contact.
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing, and government guidance throughout your visit. Please look out for our staff and any signs around the site, taking care to follow their guidance.
- Be aware that, as a safety precaution, we are currently unable to provide any customers with personal floatation devices.
- You are encouraged to clean or sanitise your hands immediately before and after your trip. Hand sanitiser will be available on site for the use of any customers who don’t have their own.
Mill Lane Punting Station
Parking and Public Transport
More information on Cambridge parking and public transport to our locations can be found here.
Pricing and booking:
Punt & afternoon tea rates:
- Adult £39.50
- Concession £38.00
- Child (under 10) £23.50
- Minimum charge £250
Please contact our Bookings Team to reserve: on 01223 359750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a question?
How many people can each boat hold?
To observe social distancing we've limited our punts to 9 people each. If you're looking to have a group larger than 9 or you're more than two households, please contact our Bookings Team on 01223 359750 or at email@example.com
What is the start and endpoint of the punt tour?
Your tour starts and finishes at our Mill Lane punt station.
Where is the Afternoon Tea held at?
The afternoon tea experiences takes place at the Cambridge Hotel, located conviniently next to our Mill Lane punt station.
What if the weather changes on the day?
All of our tours are going as normal unless the river conditions are dangerous and we have to stop operating. We recommend bringing an umbrella in case the weather changes. Due to safety reasons, we're currently not providing our standard umbrellas and blankets.
Can I move or make changes to my booking?
Any changes to a booking can be made up to 48 hours in advance. If you have any queries regarding your booking please get in touch with our Bookings Team directly on 01223 359750.
Any other questions?
Phone: 01223 359750