Punting with your dogs - enjoy some free time together on the river!
Afternoon Tea Punt Tour
Punt and Afternoon Tea
Time for you and time for me,
And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
And for a hundred visions and revisions,
Before the taking of toast and tea
From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock (T.S. Eliot)
There is little more traditionally English than punting followed by an exclusive afternoon tea. With this in mind, we have developed a perfect package with Graduate Cambridge to allow you to enjoy both of these 'must do' English activities.
After your inspiring private punt tour of the beautiful College Backs, you will retire to the comfort of Graduate Cambridge’s restaurant and bar, Garden House. Here you will be treated to a mouth-watering selection of sandwiches, scones and sweet treats overlooking the River Cam.
Afternoon Tea Menu
The perfect post-punting afternoon tea from Garden House, a sustainable, informal and contemporary restaurant with a focus on seasonal East Anglian produce. The afternoon tea includes a rotating collection of sandwiches such as smoked salmon & caper butter and roast beef & horseradish, scones and sweet treats such as a summer pudding tart.
Sample menu, full menu subject to change seasonally.
The package is available for bookings taking place after 1st September 2021.
Graduate Cambridge and Garden House open for guests Summer 2021.
Teatime and punt from £255
Book over the phone
Guaranteed entry time
Afternoon Tea and Punting Experience
45 minute private chauffeured punt tour of Cambridge and an Afternoon Tea held at Graduate Cambridge.
- See the Mathematical Bridge
- Pass by the world famous King's College Chapel
- Marvel at Clare College Gardens
- Admire the Wren Library
- Punt under the Bridge of Sighs
Afternoon Tea Highlights:
- Take part in a classic English tradition
- Taste a scrumptious afternoon tea
- Enjoy Graduate Cambridge’s riverside views
Know before you buy ▾
COVID-19 Safety ▾
Getting here ▾
- Afternoon tea and punt tours can be booked 48 hours in advance from our Mill Lane Punting Station. For any special requests or last-minute bookings, please call our Bookings Team directly on 01223 359750.
- The the Graduate Hotel afternoon tea can be booked between 15:00 and 17:30 - other times available by request and subject to venue availability.
- The afternoon tea and punting elements can be taken in any order or even split over consecutive days.
- Walking time between the activities is approximately 1 minute from our Mill Lane Punting Station and 15 minutes from our Quayside Punting Station; to be on the safe side we recommend leaving a buffer of 30 minutes between activities.
- Any changes to a booking can be made up to 48 hours in advance. Paid bookings, cancelled up to 48 hours in advance are eligible for a refund minus an administration fee equal to 30% of the booking's value up to a cap of £50 or a credit note for the full amount of the booking. We are unable to offer refunds less than 48 hours in advance except in cases of dangerous conditions.
- Bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions.
Please call us on 01223 359750 if you have any questions about your purchase.
What we’re doing differently
- Requiring visitors to book in advance to avoid crowding and limiting numbers on each punt.
- Thoroughly sanitising all equipment (boat, cushions, pole and paddle) before and after each use.
- Implementing designated pedestrian route layouts and signage on site, along with dedicated members of staff to monitor the flow of people.
- Conducting briefings and hire handover procedures from one meter plus when socidal-distancing rules are in place.
What we ask of you
- Bring your own hand sanitiser (and other PPE if you want to of course).
- Be confidently mobile as we have had to adapt how we hold the boat to get you on and off and are unable to offer you a supporting hand or arm.
- NOT to participate if you / anyone in your household/group have been infected or displayed any coronavirus symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone that has the virus, within the last 14 days.
During your visit
- In order to maintain social distancing, please arrive on time. Sadly, if you're more than 15 minutes late, we won’t be able to guarantee you entry. Your entry will be at the discretion of the Duty Manager, who will base their decision on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing.
- Have your booking confirmation ready to show the Scudamore’s staff member at the front entrance, preferably on your mobile device, to minimise contact.
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance throughout your visit. Please look out for our staff and any signs around the site, taking care to follow their guidance.
- You are encouraged to clean or sanitise your hands immediately before and after your trip. Hand sanitiser will be available on site for the use of any customers who don’t have their own.
Mill Lane Punting Station
Parking and Public Transport
More information on Cambridge parking and public transport to our locations can be found here.
Pricing and booking:
Punt & afternoon tea rates:
- Adult £41.50
- Concession £38.50
- Child (under 10) £23.50
- Minimum charge £255
Please contact our Bookings Team to reserve: on 01223 359750 or email@example.com.
Have a question?
How many people can each boat hold?
Our chauffeured tour boats hold up to 12 passengers. Online bookings can be made for 2 boats maximum. If you're looking to book more than 24 people please contact our Bookings Team on 01223 359750 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the start and endpoint of the punt tour?
Your tour starts and finishes at our Mill Lane punt station.
Where is the Afternoon Tea held at?
The afternoon tea experiences takes place at Garden House restaurant inside Graduate Cambridge, located next to our Mill Lane punt station.
What if the weather changes on the day?
All of our tours run as normal unless the river conditions are dangerous and we have to stop operating. As standard, we provide umbrellas and blankets on our boats.
Can I move or make changes to my booking?
Any changes to a booking can be made up to 48 hours in advance. If you have any queries regarding your booking please get in touch with our Bookings Team directly on 01223 359750.
Any other questions?
Phone: 01223 359750