Download our College Backs map before you go.
Gin Punt Tours
Cambridge Punting and Gin
NOW the bright morning-star, Day’s harbinger,
Comes dancing from the East, and leads with her
The flowery May, who from her green lap throws
The yellow cowslip and the pale primrose.
From Song on May Morning (John Milton)
Traditional Cambridge punting meets the famous juniper berry. Experience the classic College Backs private punting experience led by our knowledgeable guides and accompanied with your very own Cambridge Distillery ready to serve gin.
Together with Cambridge Distillery’s multi-award-winning expertise we offer the opportunity to experience the historic city and drink with your friends and any gin enthusiasts you may know!
Gin and punt from £175
Easy online booking
Guaranteed entry time
Gin and Punting Experience
Private 45 minutes punt tour with an on-board ready to serve gin bootles for your enjoyment. The quintessential Cambridge experience for gin-lovers.
- See the Mathematical Bridge
- Pass by the world famous King's College Chapel
- Marvel at Clare College Gardens
- Admire the Wren Library
- Punt under the Bridge of Sighs
Know before you buy ▾
COVID-19 Safety ▾
Getting here ▾
- Gin and punt tours can be booked 48 hours in advance from our Mill Lane or Quayside punting stations. For any special requests or last-minute bookings, please call our Bookings Team directly on 01223 359750.
- The gin box includes bottles of the distillery's award-winning Cambridge Dry gin, blended with their own Lemon Verbena Tonic - all ready to serve. Plastic, biodegradable cups included.
- Any changes to a booking can be made up to 48 hours in advance. Paid bookings, cancelled up to 48 hours in advance are eligible for a refund minus £50 administration fee or credit note for the full amount of the booking. We are unable to offer refunds less than 48 hours in advance except in cases of dangerous conditions.
- Bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions.
Please call us on 01223 359750 if you have any questions about your purchase.
What we’re doing differently
- Requiring visitors to book in advance to avoid crowding and limiting numbers on each punt.
- Thoroughly sanitising all equipment (boat, cushions, pole and paddle) before and after each use.
- Implementing designated pedestrian route layouts and signage on site, along with dedicated members of staff to monitor the flow of people.
- Conducting briefings and hire handover procedures from 2 metres away.
What we ask of you
- Only punt with members of your own household or one additional household - including each household's support bubble.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser (and other PPE if you want to of course).
- Be confidently mobile as we have had to adapt how we hold the boat to get you on and off and are unable to offer you a supporting hand or arm.
- NOT to participate if you / anyone in your household have been infected or displayed any coronavirus symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone that has the virus, within the last 14 days.
During your visit
- In order to maintain social distancing, please arrive on time. Sadly, if you're more than 15 minutes late, we won’t be able to guarantee you entry. Your entry will be at the discretion of the Duty Manager, who will base their decision on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing.
- Have your booking confirmation ready to show the Scudamore’s staff member at the front entrance, preferably on your mobile device, to minimise contact.
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing, and government guidance throughout your visit. Please look out for our staff and any signs around the site, taking care to follow their guidance.
- Be aware that, as a safety precaution, we are currently unable to provide any customers with personal floatation devices.
- You are encouraged to clean or sanitise your hands immediately before and after your trip. Hand sanitiser will be available on site for the use of any customers who don’t have their own.
Mill Lane Punting Station
Quayside Punting Station
Parking and Public Transport
More information on Cambridge parking and public transport to our locations can be found here.
By clicking on "Book now" you confirm that you're at least 18 years old and eligible to purchase alcohol.
Bookings are subject to minimum charges starting at £175 for up to 3 people and £200 if you're up to 6 people.
Have a question?
How many people can each boat hold?
To observe social distancing we've limited our punts to 9 people each. If you're looking to have a group larger than 9 or you're more than two households, please contact our Bookings Team on 01223 359750 or at email@example.com
What is the start and endpoint of the tour?
You can choose between our two departure points when you book: Mill Lane or Quayside. Your tour will finish at the same place you started from. The start point of your tour will be stated on the booking confirmation.
What if the weather changes on the day?
All of our tours are going as normal unless the river conditions are dangerous and we have to stop operating. We recommend bringing an umbrella in case the weather changes. Due to safety reasons, we're currently not providing our standard umbrellas and blankets.
Can I move or make changes to my booking?
Any changes to a booking can be made up to 48 hours in advance. If you have any queries regarding your booking please get in touch with our Bookings Team directly on 01223 359750.
Any other questions?
Phone: 01223 359750
College Backs Map
Take a look to see if you can use our concessions rates.