Cambridge Punting Tours
We're open for bookings
Private Cambridge Tours
We're looking forward to welcoming you back to the famous College Backs.
Our 45-minute private punt tours offer the ideal introduction to Cambridge’s eventful history. Discover how the city has evolved from medieval market town to its position today as a world-famous centre of academic excellence whilst enjoying the spectacular views. From the gothic splendour of King’s College, to the classical elegance of Clare College, your punting guide will make sure that you don’t miss a thing.
A private tour offers you the exclusivity of your own punt, reserved for your preferred time. With the chauffeur all yours, you can decide how much of the commentary you wish to hear and ask as many questions as you like.
How to book your 45-minute private tour
- You can chose between our two departure points: Mill Lane or Quayside.
- Your tour will finish at the same place you started from.
- To observe social distancing we've limited our punts to 9 people each. If you're looking to have a group larger than 9 please contact our bookigns team on 01223 359 750 or at email@example.com
- If you have special requests or want to book over the phone please call us on 01223 359 750
What to expect from your visit
We need your help to enable us to keep the river Cam open for punting, so we’d be grateful if you could follow the guidance below. More safety and visit information can be found here.
What we ask of you
- Only punt with members of your own household and your support bubble or up to one extra household and its support bubble.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser (and other PPE if you want to of course).
- Be confidently mobile as we have had to adapt how we hold the boat to get you on and off and are unable to offer you a supporting hand or arm.
- NOT to participate if you / anyone in your household have been infected or displayed any coronavirus symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone that has the virus, within the last 14 days.
- NOT to participate if you / anyone in your household is deemed in the vulnerable categories as defined in the current UK Government advice.
When you arrive
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your time slot. Sadly, if you're more than 15 minutes late, we won’t be able to guarantee you entry. Your entry will then be at the discretion of the Duty Manager, whose decision will be based on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain safe social distancing.
- Have your booking confirmation ready to show the Scudamore’s staff member at the front entrance, preferably on your mobile device, to minimise contact with our staff.
During your visit
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing, and government guidance throughout your visit.
- Please look out for our staff and any signs around the site, taking care to follow their guidance.
- Be aware that, as a safety precaution, we are currently unable to provide any customers with personal floatation devices.
- You are encouraged to clean or sanitise your hands immediately before and after your trip. Hand sanitiser will be available on site for the use of any customers who don’t have their own.
Private 45-minute Cambridge Tour - for up to 4 people
Private 45-minute Cambridge Tour - for up to 6 people
Private 45-minute Cambridge Tour - for up to 9 people
Your guide will wear seasonally specific uniform. Our punts can seat up to 9 people and are dressed with cushions.
In order to maintain social distancing, please arrive within your timeslot. Sadly, if you're more than 15 minutes late, we won’t be able to guarantee you entry. Your entry will be at the discretion of the station manager and will be based on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing.
Private tours can be booked daily from our Mill Lane or Quayside Punting Stations. Online bookings must be made at least 48 hours before the tour takes place. For late bookings or any special requests, please call our Bookings Team directly on 01223 359750.