Download our College Backs map before you go.
Private Cambridge Punt Tours
Private Cambridge Tours
Our private College Backs punting tour offers the ideal introduction to Cambridge’s long and eventful history. Our river tour guides have a passion for history and a talent for sharing it with our customers — discover how the city has evolved from medieval market town to world-class centre of learning, while enjoying breath-taking views from the river. From the gothic splendour of King’s College Chapel to the classical elegance of the Wren Library, your guide will ensure that you don’t miss a thing.
Private tours from £123
Flexible online bookings
Guaranteed entry time
Private College Backs Punt Tour
45-minute private chauffeured punt tour of Cambridge.
- See the Mathematical Bridge
- Pass by the world famous King's College Chapel
- Admire the Wren Library
- Punt under the Bridge of Sighs
- Go under the “Cam Bridge” at Magdalene College
Know before you buy ▾
Getting here ▾
- Private tours can be booked daily from our Mill Lane or Quayside Punting Stations. For any special requests, please call our Bookings Team directly on 01223 359750.
- Aim to arrive 15 minutes before your booking reservation to allow time for checking in.
- You can easily reschedule your booking up to 1 hour before departure by following the link in your booking confirmation. Changes to guest numbers can be made up to 48 hours in advance by calling our Bookings Team on 01223 359750.
- Bookings are valid for the date and time purchased and are not refundable less than 48 hours before departure. Don’t worry, you can easily rearrange your trip without paying an exchange fee up to 1 hour before departure by following the link in your confirmation. You’ll only pay the difference in ticket price, where applicable.
- Paid bookings, cancelled up to 48 hours in advance are eligible for a refund minus an administration fee equal to 30% of the booking's value up to a cap of £50 or a credit note for the full amount of the booking. We are unable to offer refunds less than 48 hours in advance except in cases of dangerous conditions.
- Bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions.
Please call us on 01223 359750 if you have any questions about your purchase.
We have two locations in the city centre which you can book from:
Mill Lane Punting Station
Quayside Punting Station
Parking and Public Transport
More information on Cambridge parking and public transport to our locations can be found here.
2. Select online pricing:
On weekdays enjoy the river at its quietest. At weekends don't miss your chance to go punting and book yourself a guaranteed entry. On the day kiosk prices vary from pre-booked online prices.
Loading some wonderful products...
Have a question?
Do I need to pre-book?
We would recommend booking in advance, this way you won't miss your chance to go punting and book yourself a guaranteed entry. On the day kiosk prices vary from pre-booked online prices. If you're looking to book more than 2 boats please contact our Bookings Team on 01223 359750 or at email@example.com.
How many people can each boat hold?
Our chauffeured tour boats hold up to 12 passengers. Online bookings can be made for 2 boats maximum. If you're looking to book more than 24 people please contact our Bookings Team on 01223 359750 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Babies and toddlers count towards the total number of passengers.
What is the start and endpoint of the tour?
You can choose between our two departure points when you book: Mill Lane or Quayside. Your tour will finish at the same place you started from.
Can I move or reschedule my booking?
Yes, just follow the link in your email booking confirmation. You can easily rearrange your trip without paying an exchange fee up to 1 hour before departure. You’ll only pay the difference in the ticket price, where applicable.
What should I wear?
We suggest that you wear something you don’t mind getting a little wet. Remember to dress appropriately for the weather and boating activity. You need to make sure you have the correct footwear, that is non-slip, stable, can’t fall off easily and offers protection to your toes and heel. Please do not punt in bare feet or wear sandals, flip-flops, slip-on, leather-soled or high-heeled shoes.
Can I make changes to the number of guests?
You're able to amend guest numbers up to 48 hours in advance. To do so please get in touch with our Bookings Team on 01223 359750 or at email@example.com.
What if the weather changes on the day?
All of our tours run as normal unless the river conditions are dangerous and we have to stop operating. As standard, we provide umbrellas and blankets on our boats.
Do you have wheelchair access?
We have wheelchair access to our Mill Lane punt station. Please get in touch by phone or email so we can figure out how best to help you with your accessibility needs.
Are pets allowed?
Yes, we are pet friendly! In our experience, pets love a day out on (and sometimes in) the river every bit as much as their owners.
Any other questions?
If you have any other queries or special requests please do get in touch.
Phone: 01223 359750