Take a look to see if you can use our concessions rates.
Bat Safari Punting
Wildlife Trust Bat Safari Punting 2021
Join the Wildlife Trust on a Bat Safari punt for adventures at dusk towards Grantchester Meadows.
|Jul Dates||Start Time||Aug Dates||Start Time||Sep Dates||Start Time|
|Fri 16th||21:00||Fri 6th||20:30||Fri 3rd||19:30|
|Sat 17th||21:00||Sat 7th||20:30||Sat 4th||19:30|
|Fri 23rd||20:45||Fri 13th||20:15||Fri 10th||19:15|
|Sat 24th||20:45||Sat 14th||20:15||Sat 11th||19:15|
|Fri 30th||20:45||Fri 20th||20:00||Fri 17th||19:00|
|Sat 31st||20:30||Sat 21st||20:00||Sat 18th||18:45|
|Fri 27th||19:45||Fri 24th||18:30|
|Sat 28th||19:45||Sat 25th||18:30|
About the bat safaris
Grab this chance to see our fantastic local bat population as they emerge from hibernation in May and follow their activities until their return to a snug hideout for winter.
The tours are led by knowledgeable Wildlife Trust Bat Experts and they'll make sure you get the most from your experience. The tours are chauffeured and include the use of specialist electronic bat detectors which convert the bats' sonar signals into audible frequencies.
Your guide will outline the characteristics and habitats of bats likely to be encountered on your trip and teach you how to use the detectors. You'll identify exactly which species of bat are flying close to your punt and find out about our amazing local species.
Scudamore's contributes 50% of ticket proceeds to the Wildlife Trust! Since we started running the tours we've given more than £50,000.
50% of proceeds donated
Shared tours from £60
Guaranteed entry time
Wildlife Trust Bat Safari
90-minute chauffeured bat safari advenutre in Cambridge.
Know before you buy ▾
Getting here ▾
|JULY||Start Time||AUGUST||Start Time||SEPTEMBER||Start Time|
|6th Fri||20:30||3rd Fri||19:30|
|7th Sat||20:30||4th Sat||19:30|
|16th Fri||21:00||13th Fri||20:15||10th Fri||19:15|
|17th Sat||21:00||14th Sat||20:15||11th Sat||19:15|
|23rd Fri||20:45||20th Fri||20:00||17th Fri||19:00|
|24th Sat||20:45||21st Sat||20:00||18th Sat||18:45|
|30th Fri||20:45||27th Fri||19:45||24th Fri||18:30|
|31st Sat||20:30||28th Sat||19:45||25th Sat||18:30|
- Aim to arrive 15 minutes before your booking reservation to allow time for checking in.
- You can easily reschedule your booking up to 1 hour before departure by following the link in your booking confirmation. Changes to guest numbers can be made up to 48 hours in advance by calling our Bookings Team on 01223 359750.
- Bookings are valid for the date and time purchased and are not refundable less than 48 hours before departure. Don’t worry, you can easily rearrange your trip without paying an exchange fee up to 1 hour before departure by following the link in your confirmation. You’ll only pay the difference in ticket price, where applicable.
- Paid bookings, cancelled up to 48 hours in advance are eligible for a refund minus an administration fee equal to 30% of the booking's value up to a cap of £50. We are unable to offer refunds less than 48 hours in advance except in cases of dangerous conditions.
- Bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions.
Please call us on 01223 359750 if you have any questions about your purchase.
Cambridge Parking and Transport
2. Select pricing - per row of 3:
Each socially-distanced row on our boats holds up to 3 people. Currently, we sell our shared tours with socially-distanced spaces only.
Our family offer is valid for 1 adult and 2 children under 18y old. Our concession offer is valid when there is at least one senior/student on the purchased row
Loading some wonderful products...
Have a question?
How long is the tour?
Our bat safaris are on average 90 minutes long. Your tour will finish at the same place you started from.
Where do I need to go for my booking?
The bat safaris depart from our Boatyard Punt Station located at Granta Place, Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1RS
Can I move or reschedule my ticket?
Yes, just follow the link in your email booking confirmation. You can easily rearrange your trip without paying an exchange fee up to 1 hour before departure. You’ll only pay the difference in ticket price, where applicable.
What if the weather changes on the day?
All of our tours run as normal unless the river conditions are dangerous and we have to stop operating. As standard, we provide umbrellas and blankets on our boats.
How many people can each boat hold?
Our punts hold up to 12 passengers split into 4 socially distanced, distinct rows.
Why are seats sold in rows of 3?
We've opted to keep our socially-distanced seating on our shared tours to minimise disruption to people's bookings when and if restrictions change or are imposed again. Further, we acknowledge that not all members of the public want to share seating in very close proximity to other people.
Any other questions?
If you have any other queries or special requests please do get in touch.
Phone: 01223 359750