Uniquely 'Cambridge' experience vouchers. Choose from adventure, luxury and history.
Champagne Punt Tour
Champagne Punting in Cambridge
Four be the things I'd been better without:
Love, curiosity, freckles and doubt.
Three be the things I shall never attain:
Envy, content and sufficient champagne.
From Inventory (Dorothy Parker)
It was Napoleon Bonaparte who wisely remarked: "I drink Champagne when I win, to celebrate, and I drink Champagne when I lose, to console myself." So, whatever the occasion, why not celebrate (or seek consolation) in sparkling style with our 'Bubbles on the Backs' river tour?
With this effervescent package you take to the water in your own private punt for a tour of the College Backs. On-board you'll find a supply of Champagne on ice for your party to enjoy during the trip. You're also welcome to bring along your own nibbles and soft drinks.
With the punt and chauffeur all yours the tour can be tailored to your individual group's preferences. Although most popular as a pre-dinner activity, the Cambridge Champagne Punting experience will bring a sparkle to any occasion and any time of day.
Fizz punts from £200
Easy online booking
Guaranteed entry time
Champagne Punting Experience
45 minute private chauffeured punt tour of Cambridge with 2 glasses of Champagne per person.
- See the Mathematical Bridge
- Pass by the world famous King's College Chapel
- Marvel at Clare College Gardens
- Admire the Wren Library
- Punt under the Bridge of Sighs
Know before you buy ▾
COVID-19 Safety ▾
Getting here ▾
- Champagne tours can be booked 48 hours in advance from our Mill Lane or Quayside Punting Stations. For any special requests or last-minute bookings, please call our Bookings Team directly on 01223 359750.
- Aim to arrive 5 minutes before your booking reservation to allow time for checking in.
- Any changes to a booking can be made up to 48 hours in advance. Paid bookings, cancelled up to 48 hours in advance are eligible for a refund minus £50 administration fee or credit note for the full amount of the booking. We are unable to offer refunds less than 48 hours in advance except in cases of dangerous conditions.
- We operate a Challenge 25 policy as the tour includes alcohol for the adult tickets. Proof of age might be requested.
- Your tour will include 2 glasses of Champagne per person for those over 18.
- Bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions.
Please call us on 01223 359750 if you have any questions about your purchase.
What we’re doing differently
- Requiring visitors to book in advance to avoid crowding and limiting numbers on each punt.
- Thoroughly sanitising all equipment (boat, cushions, pole and paddle) before and after each use.
- Implementing designated pedestrian route layouts and signage on site, along with dedicated members of staff to monitor the flow of people.
- Conducting briefings and hire handover procedures from 2 metres away.
What we ask of you
- Only punt with members of your own household or one additional household - including each household's support bubble.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser (and other PPE if you want to of course).
- Be confidently mobile as we have had to adapt how we hold the boat to get you on and off and are unable to offer you a supporting hand or arm.
- NOT to participate if you / anyone in your household have been infected or displayed any coronavirus symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone that has the virus, within the last 14 days.
During your visit
- In order to maintain social distancing, please arrive on time. Sadly, if you're more than 15 minutes late, we won’t be able to guarantee you entry. Your entry will be at the discretion of the Duty Manager, who will base their decision on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing.
- Have your booking confirmation ready to show the Scudamore’s staff member at the front entrance, preferably on your mobile device, to minimise contact.
- To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing, and government guidance throughout your visit. Please look out for our staff and any signs around the site, taking care to follow their guidance.
- Be aware that, as a safety precaution, we are currently unable to provide any customers with personal floatation devices.
- You are encouraged to clean or sanitise your hands immediately before and after your trip. Hand sanitiser will be available on site for the use of any customers who don’t have their own.
Mill Lane Punting Station
Quayside Punting Station
Parking and Public Transport
More information on Cambridge parking and public transport to our locations can be found here.
By clicking on "Book now" you confirm that you're at least 18 years old and eligible to purchase alcohol.
Bookings are subject to minimum charges starting at £200 for up to 3 people, £245 for up to 6 people and £280 for up to 7 people.
Have a question?
How many people can each boat hold?
Chauffeured Tours can either hold up to 12 passengers and up to 4 households/support bubbles with the benches full. Or up to 8 passengers and households with a gap in the middle of each bench. If you're looking to have a group larger than 12 or you're more than four households, please contact our Bookings Team on 01223 359750 or at email@example.com
What is the start and endpoint of the tour?
You can choose between our two departure points when you book: Mill Lane or Quayside. Your tour will finish at the same place you started from. The start point of your tour will be stated on the booking confirmation.
What if the weather changes on the day?
All of our tours are going as normal unless the river conditions are dangerous and we have to stop operating. We recommend bringing an umbrella in case the weather changes. Due to safety reasons, we're currently not providing our standard umbrellas and blankets.
Can I move or make changes to my booking?
Any changes to a booking can be made up to 48 hours in advance. If you have any queries regarding your booking please get in touch with our Bookings Team directly on 01223 359750.
Any other questions?
Phone: 01223 359750
Map of The Backs
See spectacular sights on The Backs in Cambridge - our map will guide you on your punting adventure.
Dog Days Out
Punting with your dogs - enjoy some free time together on the river!